Sunday, December 7, 2014

Getting into the Season


I joined friends yesterday for a tour of homes decorated for the holidays.  One house was particularly impressive.  Some photos are below.

Here is the front door, beautifully done up with various plants and fruits.



The dining room mantel, below, was a tour de force for some talented floral arranger.  Look at the various flowers and greens, the overall design, sustained across a width of almost five feet.



The tree below, one of several, sat on a stairway landing.



Even the kitchen table got its own arrangement, plus a garland swag (one of several) across the window looking out on the back yard.


A sideboard had candles, a small dried arrangement on the upper shelf and an orchid in PERFECT bloom that with some special treatment is guaranteed to last the season.  Just wow.



The living rom fireplace mantel got its own treatment in traditional greens with white flowers (amaryllis?) to add vertical interest.


I know what you all are thinking (or at least those who do not know me well): Could this be the Idiosyncratist's home?  

Alas, no.  It is to laugh.  More talented people than I, many of them, assembled these impressive displays.  Much as I enjoy beholding such lovely projects, my holiday decor is more simple, my ambitions more humble.

Maybe next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment